Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Book Review)


Series: Lux #4
Release Date:  August 27th 2013
Pages: 400
Genres: Romance, YA, Fantasy, Aliens.
Websites: Author Amazon(Com)  Amazon(UK) 

Blurb:  'Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?'

Plot:  This book follows almost directly on from the heartbreaking cliffhanger of ‘Opal’(book #3) and features both Katy and Daemon’s POV.  It’s action-packed full of snarkiness, betrayal and loss.

Likes: I’ve missed Daemon and Katy since Opal and couldn’t wait to read this book. Boy, did it live up to my expectations. It seemed like at the end of every chapter I was gasping at a new plot twist or piece of information. I bawled like a baby, laughed until I cried (there was a lot of crying)and screamed in frustration at this book. Daemon is his perfect book boyfriend self, snarky, funny, handsome and kind as ever to Katy. I liked the new introduction of the character Archer and hope that he features in the next book as well. I was kind of hoping that Hunter and Serena would feature at least a bit in this book and was glad to see that scene from Luc’s club was put into the book. Although after reading Obsession I think that the Lux and Arum should be a little less racist towards each other and a little more friendly as I think they’re going to have to join forces in the end. Maybe. Then we have the topic of the Origins. For those of you who haven’t the foggiest about what I’m talking about, skip the next couple of lines. Superhuman, genius Lux-Hybrid babies? At first I was like  
and then I was like
 and finally after we met the first Origin I was like 
OMFG WHAT DID HE DO????
 Interesting. I can't wait to see how this develops. Be warned though this book was heart-breaking, especially for Katy. The stuff she endured with Daedulus(sp?), that girl got guts I can say that much. I like that she stuck with herself and didn't conform to their horrible 'tests'. Aw guys, you're gonna love it I can feel it!!


Dislikes: The only dislike I have is that I have to wait so long for the final book…. And no book trailer L

Verdict:  9/10 absolutely loved it!

Fave Quotes: 

I apologise for the messed up fonts, my computer hates me. If you've read this book feel free to link your reviews in the comments :) 
Until next time x


0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets