Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Book Review)

I've been sitting on this review for a while, I wanted to make it good. (What I mean by good is, I used an extra gif.) So sorry about that!

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #1
Release Date:  August 23rd 2011 
Pages: 421
Genres: Romance, YA, Vampire/Alchemist
Websites: Author Amazon(Com)  Amazon(UK)  Books A Million (Autographed hardcover $9.49)

Blurb: 'Sydney protects vampire secrets - and human lives.

Sydney belongs to a secret group who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the world of humans and vampires.

But when Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, she fears she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. What unfolds is far worse. The sister of Moroi queen Lissa Dragomir is in mortal danger, and goes into hiding. Now Sydney must act as her protector.

The last thing Sydney wants is to be accused of sympathizing with vampires. And now she has to live with one . . .'

Cover: ADRIAN is on the cover. What more can I say?? Even if it only is half of his face. I love Sydney's Alchemist tattoo, it's far more delicate than I imagined it before. 

Plot: This book follows Sydney, an Alchemist just trying to do the right thing. The other Alchemists look down on her because of her shenanigans in helping Rose Hathaway out of trouble(Vampire Academy Series) and because of her lack of hatred for the tamer Moroi and Dhampir races.

Likes: The thing I love about this book, and indeed this series, is it's re-connecting me with the world of Moroi, Dhampirs and Strigoi. I loved this world in VA and I love it even more now! Oooh I loved Adrian in the VA series and always hoped he'd end up happy, I guess this is the next best thing. I loved the mention of all the familiar characters and I find the main character Sydney hilarious in her Alchemist ways. I realize that Sydney isn't the bad-ass that Rose was, but I love that you get to see her transition from this timid, little girl under her Daddie's thumb to a independent(ish) woman who can nearly take care of herself. You don't need to have read the VA series to read these, but the VA series is awesome so you should read them anyway! Did I mention how much I love Adrian, next to Dimitri Belikov, he's my favourite guy hero ever!
Aww Adrian! Your so awesome and funny and awesome. Did I mention Awesome?
Dislikes: I didn't like that unlike the Vampire Academy series, there was very little action and romance. Boo. Until the last 100 pages there was practically nothing fun and exciting happening. TBH I really didn't care as I was back in Mead's Vamp world. Also Jill annoyed me. Like every single male character is feckin in love with her. Like come on! She's fifteen and guys from the age of 17-25(I'm aiming a guess here) ARE IN LOVE WITH HER! She has no personality AT ALL so I'm guessing she must be pretty.  

Verdict: I know this book has gotten bad reviews because it's very different to the VA series, but when I found out about it, I accepted that it probably wasn't going to be as AMAZING as the VA series. I treated it as a separate and a completely new series that just happened to take place in the same world. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of familiar characters we got to hear from so yipee for that! I did like this book though :) I'm going to give it a 7.5/10. I hope the next book has more action, romance and of course, magic!

Fave Quote: 'Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire.' - Adrian.
I've come to realize I use a lot of swoon gifs. Darn you hot guy characters!
Until next time x

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets