Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

The Killing Hour - Lisa Gardner (Book Review)

The Killing Hour by Lisa Gardner
Series: Quincy and Rainie #4
Release Date: October 21st 2004
Pages: 434
Genres: Murder, mystery, crime, thriller.
Websites: Author Amazon(COM) Amazon(UK) 

Blurb: 'Each time he struck, he took two victims. Day after day, he waited for the first body to be discovered--a body containing all the clues the investigators needed to find the second victim, who waited...prey to a slow but certain death. The clock ticked--salvation was possible.

The police were never in time.

Years have passed; but for this killer, time has stood still. As a heat wave of epic proportions descends, the game begins again. Two girls have disappeared...and the clock is ticking.

Rookie FBI agent Kimberly Quincy knows the killer’s deadline can be met. But she’ll have to break some rules to beat an exactingly vicious criminal at a game he’s had time to perfect.


For the Killing Hour has arrived...'


Cover: I couldn't actually find the edition of the cover I have but this one was pretty close. Chilling with the lines crossed out. #creepy

Plot: Okay first of all, when I started this book I had NO IDEA it was the fourth book in a series. But it 
didn't make an inch of a difference. Lisa writes so well that it doesn't matter if you've read the previous three books, you can still understand whats happening. Also it focuses in on the daughter of the main character in the first couple of books anyway. The story is about this 'Eco-Killer' who kidnaps two women each time the temperatures rise above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. His slogan 'Heat Kills.' Anywho, he kills one of the two and then leaves her as a map to the second who he dumps in a secluded area for a twisted game of 'survivor'. 

Likes: I have never read a crime/murder mystery novel and this was an excellent way to break into the genre. As I mentioned above I loved the way you didn't need to have previous knowledge of the series to enjoy this book. I loved loved loved Kimberly and Mac. Phew, I just wanted them to get together from the start. I love how they worked together on this mystery when everyone else was just like 'You two haven't a clue what you are talking about.'Yay team Kimberlac. No Macberly. I guess I'll have to work on that.

Dislikes: In this book we also had changes of POV's  which you know I'm not keen on, but because the whole book was in the third person it wasn't that bad. I did feel some were unnecessary and some bits of the plot a tad obvious. I'm sorry!

Verdict: I'm going to give this book a 9/10 as it was one of the best books I've read in a while and a great introduction for me into the world of crime. Yay for a good book!!
Thank You Lisa Gardner.

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets