Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

The Host - Stephanie Meyer (Book Review)

The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Series: There may be a sequel but it has yet to be written or confirmed..
Release Date: 6th of May 2008
Pages: 619
Genres: YA, Supernatural, Aliens

Blurb: 'Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that takes over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.

Wanderer, the invading 'soul' who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. 

As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.'

Cover: The cover of this book has an eye of a person who has been taken over by a 'soul'. Because once you've been invaded your eyes turn silver. Again the reference to the Twilight Saga. *sigh*
So much kissing! In the movie and the
book. BE PREPARED!

Plot: I hate to say this, but I actually watched the movie before reading the book. I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have but I did, so there wasn't really anything in the plot that surprised me. Although saying that, I loved hearing about Wanderer's previous lives and the scene where *SPOILER*
I don't think the blurb did the book justice. It's an epic story of Love, Loss, Good versus Evil (Or are they really evil??), Humans trying to take back their planet and so on and so forth...

Likes: Everything! This is the first book in a loooong time that I've thoroughly enjoyed. I think that's quite a feat for a book that's 619 pages long. I loved the characters, plot-line, emotions and everything! I didn't bore at any point which I feel is Ama-uh-zing as I bore very easily :)

Dislikes: Nothing. Sorry for you haters of Stephanie Meyers. This book was awesome!
Verdict: I have to give it a 10/10. It is now one of my favourite books, and I can't believe I didn't read it sooner!




You know what you did Jared. Even if you are a cutie!
Thanks for reading! Until next time x


0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets