Posted by Tiffy6666 | 3 comments

Raised By Wolves - Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Book Review)

Okay, so as it turns out, WiFi isn't as sparse here as I thought it would be. You know what that means?? It means it's time for a book review!!


Series: Raised by Wolves #1
Release Date: 8th of June 2010
Pages: 418
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Werewolf.

Blurb: 'Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two. 

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?'


Cover: On the cover of this book, we have your typical dark colours (Blue and a shiny silver)  and the image of a girl looking dramatic, eyes closed, head down. Nothing too unusual or special. There's a quote from Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely) saying that this is one of the most compelling Werewolf books out there at the minute. If I'm honest I have to agree. It was definitely one of the better if not THE best werewolf book I have read recently.

Plot:  I loved the plot of this book as it was different! It was unique, a human girl being raised by a pack of werewolves? Who wouldn't like that? The main character Bryn is a force to be reckoned with and doesn't take any crap(for want of a better word) from anybody. The book follows her as she rejects the pack, only to want in(not in a wolfey way though) to find out more about this boy who survived a wolf attack just like her.

Likes: I liked the fact that this book wasn't - Girl meets mysterious boy, girl spends half book trying to figure out what boy is when audience figured out after page 3, girl falls deeply and irrevocably in love with strange boy she met two chapters back, boy give in and tells her his 'big'  secret, girl is initially conflicted but then succumbs to her obvious soul-mate and maybe he then turns girl into said supernatural being. Nope. This was COMPLETELY different. The human was dominant, and didn't mind werewolves as she was raised by them.

But then again, I wouldn't mind the above situation if it was Tyler Hoechlin, and  it was a picture book ;)
Dislikes: It was actually really hard to find something to dislike about this book, but I would have like to see  a development of the relationship of Bryn and her best friend Devon, before she 'joins' the pack and after. Maybe.

Verdict: I enjoyed this book so I'm going to give it a 7/10. I actually will read the sequel, but maybe not the second it comes out.

On a completely different note, I'm staying in a hotel in Fuerteventura at the minute, and they have a bookshelf of abandoned books, so I have now acquired The Host by Stephanie Meyers, Bitter Blood and Black Dawn by Rachel Caine and a HARDBACK copy of Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. What a gold-mine!! Well another girls loss is my treasure or something like that. If you have a book/TV show/Movie etc that you would like me to review, let me know! Until next time x

3 comments :

  1. This book looks really good, and I love the icture of the HOT guy after the review ;)
    Also I have awarded you with One Lovely Blog Award, is an award for blogs with few followers and help promote new blogs, here is the link.
    http://livinginourownstory.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/premio-sorpresa.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have nominated you to an award in my blog! http://1librounavida.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/nominados-un-premio.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you! I am very grateful that you even checked out my blog, let alone nominated me for an award!! I will post soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets