Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

Fall Of Night - Rachel Caine (Book Review)

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of the Morganville series so please don't hate on me for this review. I just think after FOURTEEN books it's time to let go. PS. May contain spoilers!

Fall Of Night - Rachel Caine

Series: Morganville Vampires Book #14
Release Date: 2nd of May 2013
Pages: 443
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Vampire

Blurb: 'Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate program at MIT, she can’t pass up the opportunity. Saying good-bye to her friends is bittersweet, especially since things are still raw and unsettled between Claire and her boyfriend, Shane.

Her new life at MIT is scary and exciting, but Morganville is never really far from Claire’s mind. Enrolled in a special advanced study program with Professor Irene Anderson, a former Morganville native, Claire is able to work on her machine, which is designed to cancel the mental abilities of vampires.

But when she begins testing her machine on live subjects, things quickly spiral out of control, and Claire starts to wonder whether leaving Morganville was the last mistake she’ll ever make...'

Cover: I have read all of the previous Morganville books and struggle every time to figure out who is on the cover. I'm told that this is Claire on the cover but personally I'm not too sure... I didn't think Claire had red hair!! I thought the bat was cheesy and kind of cool at the same time though.

Plot: As much as I love Claire and the gang, I really wish that Caine had ended the series after the last book.   The plot wasn't as great as previous books. I just feel that perhaps Rachel Caine is writing for the sake of writing and not for the passion of the story or the world in which Morganville is set. I think that the plot had so much potential, it was refreshing to have Claire move away from Morganville, to see her as a separate entity from vampville.But wait for it, before even a chapter has passed since she moved to Cambridge, Shane (her boyfriend) moves as well. Like what the hell? The whole point of her moving was for her to become more independent and now she has Shane watching her every move. He says it's because he loves her too much to bear being away from her but it's clearly a trust issue. I mean if you love her too much answer your God-damn phone when she rings you, don't stalk her! Also I thought that the Vamp-Dog at the beginning of the book was going to be developed later on but because there was practically no-one in Morganville to investigate it (Because they're all too busy chasing Claire) I guess that's what the next book will be about.

Likes: I liked the idea of Claire as a character being more developed and getting to be 'normal' for once. I thought this might make her less alien to the average reader who hasn't a clue about quantum physics and the stuff she talks about, to make her more accessible for us. Hopefully Caine decides to do this in one of the final two books. (I know! Two! What is she thinking?)

Dislikes: I disliked the change of POV's (Points of View) through the novel. I didn't like it in previous novels and I still don't like it. It really loses the momentum in the plot.

Verdict: I'm going to give it a 5/10 and let's face it, that's me being generous. I was just so disappointed in this book.
The ending - Why can't we finish the series already?
If you've something you'd like me to read/watch, I'll try and then review it for you. Until next time my dears x

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets