Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

Dead Ever After - Charlaine Harris (Book Review)

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

Series: The final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series #13. OR IS IT?
Release Date: May 7th 2013
Pages: 338
Genres: Adult, Supernatural, Vampires.

Blurb: 'Sookie Stackhouse has one last adventure in store.

Life has taken her from a waitress in Merlotte’s Bar, Bon Temps, to part owner; from social outcast to the heart of her community; from a vampire’s girlfriend to the wife of one of the most powerful vampires in the state. She has survived earthquakes, revolutions and attempts on her life. Sookie has endured betrayal, heartbreak and grief . . . and she has emerged a little stronger, and a little wiser, every time.

But with life comes new trials . . .

The question is, in the end: who will love, who will live, and who will be dead ever after?'


Plot: What can I say? Can I say, I saw the ending coming even though the first twelve books of this series were completely contrary to this fact? No. I did not see that ending coming. I was completely confused as well as I couldn't remember things that had happened in books 7-10 which were apparently vital in understanding the plot line. All I can say is, if you are planning n reading this book, re-read the WHOLE series first, as Harris tries to tie up all the loose ends in this novel.*SPOILER*
  *SPOILER*

But they're so darn cute together!!
Likes: Before I started this review, I loved the book. Now that I am properly thinking about it, I can't find one thing to like. I'm just mad that it's over. I suppose I'm happy for the person Sookie ends up with. They're nice and all, but it wasn't who I and a LOT of people wanted it to be...

Dislikes: That this is the last novel! I didn't like who the final villain of the novel was. I thought they were a tad random, anyone else? The plot was poor and also *SPOILER*
*SPOILER*

Verdict: Oh I don't know, in some ways I liked it and am sad that the series is over, but in others I'm glad Harris has stopped this series slow, painful (FINAL)death and buried it.  So I'm going to give it a 6/10 purely because it was such an awesome series. I hope this doesn't mark the final season of True Blood. Because that, I can't live without. With maybe the exception of Season 5. 


This is how I feel about the series. This is also my favourite book vlogger Xtine(Christine)may over on Youtube. Her channel is PolandbananasBOOKS and she also make funny vids on Polandbananas20 so go check her out :) Feel free to leave a review request and or a comment? (Cheeky I KNOW!) Thanks for reading! Until next time x

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets